Red Beet & Matcha Shiitake Cream Cheese Raviolis
Are you ready to taste the rainbow? You are sure to get a smile when you serve these colorful Red Beet & Matcha Shiitake Cream Cheese Raviolis. Almost too pretty to eat, this colorful pasta made using Suncore Foods® Red Beet & Midori Jade Matcha Powders into one beautiful main dish. This is not just dinner. It’s a work of art that is just as good and even more fun. It is the most colorful way to eat pasta.
140g shiitake mushrooms
1 garlic clove
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
250g vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
Drizzle of olive oil
Velvet Red Beet Raviolis:
120g x 2 gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
60g x 2 tapioca flour
14g x 2 salt (or to taste)
7g Suncore Foods® Red Beet Powder
7g Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder
60g x 2 olive oil
2 x 2 flax eggs (approx. 105 g per two flax eggs)
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tsp water
1. Filling — Place mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and pulse until mushrooms are coarsely chopped. Place a pan on medium heat, once hot drizzle some olive oil and spread it around evenly. Transfer mushroom mixture to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Mix in cream cheese and cook until the cream cheese melts lightly forming a homogeneous mixture with the mushrooms. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Velvet Red Beet Dough — In a large bowl, combine 120g 1-to-1 flour, 60 grams tapioca flour, 14g salt and 7g Suncore Foods® Velvet Red Beet Powder. Mix in 60g olive oil and 2 flax eggs until the dough starts to come together. Using your clean hands, form a dough ball and dust a clean surface with flour. Knead the dough for 7-10 minutes. Form a dough ball and keep the dough in a clean container covered with a wet towel while preparing the Matcha dough.
3. Matcha Dough — Follow the same instructions as above for the second dough. After kneading roll the dough into a rope.
4. Assemble Ravioli — Re-knead the pink dough for 1-2 minutes and roll the dough into a rope. Place one rope on top of the other and lightly press it down and gently re-roll the combined doughs. Cut the dough into small discs, width wise, and press each disc down. Using a rolling pin, roll out each disc until evenly flattened out and using a ravioli cutter, cut into desired shapes. Dust the surface and dough with flour as needed. Depending on the size, place some shiitake-cheese filling in the middle of a ravioli square. Using your fingers, place small amounts of the corn starch solution along the edges of the ravioli square. Place another ravioli square on top of the square with the filling and gently press the edges for the ravioli to come together. Place a large pot of water to boil, once boiling gently drop the ravioli into the water and boil for 3-5 minutes until the ravioli is floating closer to the surface of the water and is completely cooked through.
5. Optional Step — Enjoy ravioli as is or to drain any additional water from the cooked dough. Place the cooked ravioli on a baking tray and bake at 350 deg. F. for 5-8 minutes until dry.