Blue Butterfly Pea Petiti Gateau
They say it’s good luck if a butterfly lands on you, so maybe that’s why this gâteau is “blue-ming” with delicate notes of berry and hints of whimsical charm! Our dairy-free Blue Butterfly Pea Gâteau is full of decadent chocolate hazelnut flavor in every bite. Colored with Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder, it’s a perfect dessert for a party or a party for one!
Chocolate Hazelnut Cake — Dry ingredients:
75g all purpose flour or GF flour
58g hazelnut meal / ground hazelnut
13g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp instant coffee powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
Small pinch of salt
Chocolate Hazelnut Cake — Wet Ingredients:
38g dairy free butter
75g sugar of choice
65g dairy free yogurt
120g hazelnut milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
45g maple syrup or sugar of choice
1 tbsp lemon juice
Blue Butterfly Pea Chocolate Mousse:
200g coconut whipping cream, chilled
85g melted dairy free white chocolate
2 tbsp coconut butter
2-3 tbsp maple syrup adjust to taste
1-2 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder
White Chocolate Mousse:
150g coconut whipping cream
1/2 tsp agar agar powder
35g sugar of choice
150g dairy free white chocolate
175g whipped coconut cream
135g sugar of choice
135g corn syrup
90g condensed coconut milk
1 tsp agar agar powder
115g dairy free white chocolate
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder & Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder dissolved in 2 tsp water
1. To Make the Cake — In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and set aside. In a medium bowl cream together butter and sugar, add yogurt and melted chocolate and beat until smooth. Gently fold in dry the mixture, milk together with a spatula to incorporate. Transfer batter to prepared cake pan. Tap gently against the counter to release air bubbles. Bake at 175c for 25-30 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove pan from the oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Invert cakes onto a rack with parchment paper and cool completely. Divide the cake into 2 even layers.
2. To Make Berry Compote — Place fruit and juice in a small saucepan and bring to medium heat. Once bubbling, reduce heat slightly and use a wooden spoon to muddle and mash the fruit. Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes, occasionally mashing fruit to combine. Turn off heat and add optional add-ins at this point (cinnamon, ginger, sugar, chia seeds). Remove from heat and transfer to a clean jar or container to cool thoroughly. Store in the fridge up to 1 week or freeze in ice cube molds up to 1 month. Reheat to serve with oats, pancakes, waffles, french toast, and more!
3. To Make the Blue Butterfly Pea Chocolate Mousse — Bring coconut butter to a boil, add maple syrup over the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add the cold coconut whipping cream and whisk for 2 minutes. Then add Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder and let it cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. To Make the White Chocolate Mousse — Bring coconut butter to a boil, add maple syrup over the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add the cold coconut whipping cream, agar agar powder, and whisk for 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. To Make the Glaze — In a sauce pan, add the water, sugar and heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. When mixture begins to simmer, add the condensed milk, corn syrup, agar powder, Suncore Foods® Blue Butterfly Pea Powder, and Suncore Foods® Aqua Blue Spirulina Powder. Keep stirring until agar completely dissolve. Take it off the heat, and whisk in white chocolate until well-mixed. Pass the glaze through a fine strainer to remove any lumps. Leave the glaze to cool completely.