Apple Cranberry Mini Galettes With Quinoa Hemp Crusts
Superfied with Apple Cranberry Mini Galettes With Quinoa Hemp Crusts! Ga-lette us all enjoy these treats together!
Makes 4 Mini Galettes
2-3 Granny Smith apples
1 cup fresh cranberries
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp cornstarch (or 2 tsp tapioca starch)
Zest from ½ a large orange
3 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
1. In a food processor or blender, pulse the Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes and Suncore Foods® Hemp Seeds. Add the flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt, and blend until combined. Spoon in the solid coconut oil, dropping spoonfuls sporadically, and blend. Add 3 tbsp of cold water and blend, scraping down the sides as necessary. Continue adding water by the tbsp until the crust comes together.
2. Dump your crust out onto a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Form into a ball, adding a bit more water if the dough is too crumbly. Divide into four equal balls and flatten each to a disc shape. Wrap and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until crust is hard enough to roll out.
3. Meanwhile, peel, core, and thinly slice the apples. In a medium bowl, add the apple slices, cranberries, coconut sugar, cinnamon, corn starch, orange zest, and orange juice. Mix until combined, making sure that all sides of the apple slices are coated; set aside.
4. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 400°F. Roll one crust between two pieces of parchment paper until you have a 7” circle. Arrange apple slices in the middle, leaving about a 1” border. Fold the excess crust up and over the edge of your apples. Transfer to your parchment-lined baking sheet (try using a spatula to gently move). Once you have all four of your galettes put together and on your baking sheet, top them with cranberries. Spoon some of the remaining liquid over the fruit.
5. Bake your galettes at 400°F for about 35 minutes or until juices are bubbling, cranberries have burst, and apple slices are tender. Enjoy warm (with ice cream!) or let rest at room temperature. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.