Ruby Red Radish Pink Crepe Heart Shaped Cake
Blooming with layers of love today with this Ruby Red Radish Pink Crepe Heart Shaped Cake! Filled with light baby soft pink crepes created using Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Supercolor Powder. The perfect way to continuing the celebration of love for the entire month of February. With this deliciously whimsical format, is guaranteed to impress the special person in your life.
4 medium eggs
5 tbsp / 70g butter (melted)
2 cups / 500g whole milk
1 +¼ cup / 200g cake flour
¼ cup / 40g sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Supercolor Powder
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp Suncore Foods® Ruby Red Radish Supercolor Powder
1. Sift flour in a big bowl. Mix Suncore Foods Ruby Red Radish Powder with ½ tbsp water in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Whisk eggs until egg whites disappear. Add sugar and mix well. Sift in flour and add milk, mix well.
3. Then add butter and mix well. Sift twice the batter. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Heat a nonstick skillet (about 8-in) to medium heat.
5. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter and swirling the skillet as you add the batter to evenly coat the bottom of the pan. Cook the crepe begins to gently bubble; then flip and cook another 10 seconds. Start with the plain batter for the first crepe, and gradually add ½ tsp red radish mixture to the batter while making crepes.
6. Transfer the crepe to a plate and repeat until all batter is used. Use the mold to cut the crepes to heart shape if prefer.
7. Then in a big bowl, whip the cream, Ruby Red Radish Powder and sugar until soft peak forms.
8. Place one piece of crepe on a working board and spread 1/4 cup whipped cream evenly on the crepe. Repeat until all crepes are used.
9. Decorate with more cream on top to serve.