Purple Sweet Potato Taro Yam Macarons
These ADORABLE little flowers will bloom your day brightly and fill your tummy with goodness! At one glance at these Purple Sweet Potato Taro Yam Macarons, our hearts are melted. With the magic of Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam & Purple Sweet Potato Powders, you can turn your ordinary macaron into this lovely flower, and color it a dreamy, elegant purple hue. Take a bite and feel this delicious treat melting in your and unveiling a delicious ganache filling! Life is better with macarons!
200g white chocolate
120g whipping cream
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam Powder
1/2 tsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
50g reduced aquafaba *refrigerated overnight
1g cream of tartar
38g superfine sugar
85g powdered sugar
60g almond flour
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder
1. Prepare the Filling — Heat the whipping cream in a saucepan. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, add Suncore Foods® Lilac Taro Yam Powder and Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder, mix until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap. Place ganache in the fridge until needed.
2. Prepare the the Aquafaba — Strain the liquid from the canned chickpeas and weigh to 150g. In a saucepan cook chickpea water on a very low heat and reduce to 60g, stirring occasionally. When it reaches 60g, transfer to a bowl, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
3. Make the Macaron — Combine the powdered sugar, almond meal, Suncore Foods® Purple Sweet Potato Powder, and place in a food processor. Blend to achieve a finer consistency then pass through a sieve. Set aside.
4. Whisk the 50g aquafaba with the cream of tartar and one third of the sugar until a medium peak. Gradually add in the remaining sugar and continue whisking for 4 mins. Add the supercolour powder whisk for 2 mins until combine.
5. Fold the almond powdered sugar mixture through the meringue by hand. Mix until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Pipe macarons on a baking sheet, let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes before baking. Bake at 150°C for approximately 13-15 mins. Allow macarons to cool completely.
6. Assemble, pipe taro yam filling into each macaron and sandwich together.