Matcha White Chocolate Layer Cake
Who says cake is just for birthdays? Make this Wednesday extra special with our Matcha White Chocolate Layer Cake. Impress your friends and family with this simple yet stunning cake, featuring a luscious white chocolate buttercream frosting colored with Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder. The elegant green hue not only adds a pop of color, but also balances the sweetness of the frosting with a pleasant hint of bitterness. But this cake isn't just beautiful - it's also irresistibly delicious. With its perfect blend of flavors, every bite is a treat for your taste buds.
3 cups cake flour
1.5 cups granulated sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 cup good quality white chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
4 large eggs (room temperature)
3/4 cup olive oil
1.5 cups whole milk (room temperature)
3 sticks unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
2 cups confectioners sugar
2 cups heavy cream
4 oz 70% good quality white chocolate bar
A generous pinch of salt
2 tsp Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line and Butter a 3 6” cake pan.
3. Melt chocolate chips and milk together in microwave or stove stop stirring continuously till the chocolate melts. Set aside to cool completely.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt )
4. Beat the oil and sugar and well for a min. Then add in one egg at a time and beat until it’s light and fluffy for 3 mins.
5. Add in the vanilla extract and beat till it’s well incorporated.
6. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the milk mixture and beat well on low till it’s all mixed.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-30 mins till done or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Once the cake is done, let it rest in the pan for 5 mins and then invert it onto the wire rack to cool off completely.
9. For the matcha white chocolate fudge frosting, melt the chocolate and set aside to cool at room temperature. Beat the butter for 2 mins. Then add the powdered sugar, salt, vanilla, Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder and beat for 1 to 2 mins until smooth. Then add the melted cooled chocolate beat well till the color is well incorporated. Add in the heavy cream and beat until well mixed. Frost as desired.