Matcha Linzer Cookies
These melt-in-your-mouth soft and buttery sandwich cookies are filled with your favorite fruit jam and sprinkled with powdered sugar. The wonderfully sweet and earthy flavor comes from Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder. They are the superstar of every holiday cookie tray and nothing could be more festive than a tray of these.
190g butter unsalted, softened
65g icing sugar
210g plain flour
2-5 tsp Suncore Foods® Midori Jade Matcha Powder
A pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and powdered sugar until creamy for about 1-2 minutes.
2. Stir in the egg yolks until combined.
3. On low speed, stir in flour, matcha powder and ground almond mix just to combine.
4. Divide the dough into 2 flat disks, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until chilled.
5. Preheat the oven to 160c.
6. When you are ready to roll out the dough, place the chilled dough on parchment paper. Roll one disk at a time to 1/8 inch thick.
7. Using a cookie cutter, stamp out shapes and then place onto parchment lined baking sheets.
8. Take half of the cookies and use a smaller cookie cutter to cut out a shape in the center.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden on the edges. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Place the cookies with the hole in the center onto a tray and dust with the powdered sugar.
11. Take the remaining cookies and add 2 teaspoons of your favorite fruit jam and spread it slightly. Cover with the cookie top.
12. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.