Halloween Skeleton Quinoa and Baked Yam Cookies
Spooky season is coming and we promise we've got the treats (and no tricks) to scare up some fun! Your little goblins will keep coming back for these Halloween Skeleton Quinoa and Baked Yam cookies after just one bite, uttering "coooookiiiieeeessss....". Good thing they are fortified with Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes and Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam & Yellow Goldenberry Powders! They are simple, fun, and easy to make, so you'll definitely want to bake a whole army of skeletons! You could even add some melted dark chocolate for some added dimension and richness!
3 1/2 cup regular flour
3/4 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes
200 grams cold solid butter
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® Autumnal Baked Sweet Potato Yam Powder & Suncore Foods® Yellow Goldenberry Powder
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
Pinch of salt
1. Place all ingredients in food processor (except eggs) pulse mixture until you get wet sand texture. Add in beaten eggs. Pulse again until mixture turns into dough form.
2. Transfer dough to large parchment paper. Roll out the dough into a thin sheet; in between 2 parchment paper.
3. Place it in the freezer for 15 mins to firm up.
4. Once ready; remove it from the freezer and cut out the dough with cookies cutter; place them on a baking sheet.
5. Gather the remaining dough and roll them out again in between 2 parchment paper. Repeat the same steps until the dough is used up.
6. Place cut out cookie dough in the freezer for 15 mins to firm up. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
7. Once ready, bake them for about 12-15 mins or until the edges turns golden brown.
8. Decorate them with chocolate or royal icing. Enjoy!