Cardamom Banana Quinoa Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce
Go ahead, have some cake because it's somebody's birthday somewhere! Celebrate today with this delicious Cardamom Banana Quinoa Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce! Grab some forks and dig into this fluffy, soft cake and satisfy your taste buds with this sweet deliciousness, topped off with an addictive salted caramel sauce. Mmmmmmm, it's a slice of heaven. Bake it extraordinarily tasty and fun with Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes. Cake is always a great idea. Live. Love. Cake!
2.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Suncore Foods® Snow Quinoa Flakes
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
4 large eggs (room temperature)
1 cup plain yogurt (room temperature)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups mashed overripe bananas
Salted Caramel Sauce:
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups heavy cream (room temperature)
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1.5 tbsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan. Set aside.
3. Take two tablespoons of flour and mix it with chopped walnuts and set aside.
In a large bowl using a hand mixer beat together the eggs, oil, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and yogurt until well combined.
4. Now dump in all the dry ingredients and beat till well combined. Lastly, fold in the nuts and pour into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 40-50 mins till done.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the salted caramel sauce.
6. In a pan add sugar. Keep storing in medium heat until the sugar is all melted and turns an amber color.
7. Once the sugar is completely melted add the butter and stir well. Be careful the caramel might bubble rapidly. Use gloves for safety.
8. Now slowly add the heavy cream and mix well. Let it simmer for 30 sec.
9. Remove from heat and add salt. Mix well and set aside to cool completely.
10. Once done after ten minutes invert the cake onto the cooling rack and set it aside.
11. Drizzle the salted caramel syrup all over the cake and enjoy! Refrigerate the leftover sauce.