New Year Celebration Cake
For One 6” Cake
185g gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
15g corn starch
5g (1 tsp) gluten-free baking powder
2g (¼ tsp) baking soda
75g granulated sugar
5g (½ tsp) salt
145g vanilla oat milk
10g pure vanilla extract
6g apple cider vinegar
58g melted dairy-free butter
160g dairy-free butter, at room temperature
2-3g (½ tsp) cream of tartar
5g pure vanilla extract
350 – 450g (2-3 cups) powdered sugar
3g (3 tsp) Suncore Foods® Canary Yellow Safflower Powder
1. Preheat oven to 3500 F and prepare a 6” cake pan by brushing some butter or oil on the inside of the pan.
2. Dry Ingredients — In a large bowl, combine flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
3. Wet Ingredients — In another bowl, combine oat milk, vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and melted butter.
4. Mix the two sets of ingredients together until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35 minutes or until the cake passes the toothpick test.
5. Follow the same steps to prepare another 6” cake for a layered cake.
6. Allow both cakes to cool completely before adding buttercream.
7. Buttercream — Beat butter for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add cream of tartar and vanilla extract and beat again until well combined. Add powdered sugar 100g at a time until you reach the desired texture. For a thinner buttercream, use less sugar. For a thicker buttercream use more sugar.
8. Mix in Suncore Foods® Canary Yellow Safflower Powder into the buttercream until well combined.
9. Assemble Cake — Evenly cut the domes of each cake so both cakes are level. Spread some buttercream on one cake and place the second cake over the buttercream. Gently press down in order to position the cake.
10. Add the remaining buttercream to a piping bag and decorate cake to preference.
Please, add this product to Collection to show a similar products within Collection