Strawberry Chia Seeds Pies
This deliciousness is keeping us occuPIEd! Eat your heart out with these delicious Strawberry Chia Seeds Pies. This pie is happiness made edible, inside this perfectly baked, tender pie crust is a delicious strawberry chia jam filling. You can recreate this delicious pie with Suncore Foods® White Chia Seeds. Keep your eye on the pies and try this recipe at SuncoreFoods.com! This must be love at first bite.
Strawberry Chia Jam Filling:
2 cups fresh strawberries
2 tbsp Suncore Foods® White Chia Seeds
2 tbsp sugar of choice
165g butter, cold & cubed
105-110g iced water
Pinch of salt
1. Strawberry Chia Jam Filling — Place the strawberries , sugar, into a saucepan over a medium heat. Mash the strawberries as they begin to heat up. When the strawberries have broken down to a saucy consistency. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool a little before adding Suncore Foods® White Chia Seeds.
2. Pie Crust — Place flour, sugar and salt into a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add cold diced butter and pulse the mixture until coarse crumbs form with some pea-sized pieces then stop mixing. Add water and pulse just until moist clumps or small balls form. Transfer dough to a clean work surface, and gather dough together into a ball (do not knead the dough). Divide dough into two. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 200c
4. Roll out the chilled pie dough. Carefully place the dough into a pie pan. Spoon the filling into the crust.
5. Roll out the remaining dough. Cut dough into strips and lattice.
6. Lightly brush the pie with milk. Sprinkle the top with coarse sugar. Bake pie at 200c preheated for 15 minutes. Turn the temperature down to 180c for an additional 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.