Mango Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Icing
Are you looking for a fun, yummy colorful dessert for your next fall gathering? These cute Mango Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Icing are just perfect for any occasion! Add a fun pop of color with Suncore Foods® Vermilion Annatto Supercolor Powder to achieve this warmth welcoming yellow & orange ombre. Let's make it even more fun with Suncore Foods® NEW Mango Chips Supersnack, add some tangy & delicious tropical flavor to your day. It's love at first bite!
2/3 cup vanilla oat milk
2 tbs corn starch
1/3 cup melted vegan butter
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup white granulated sugar
1½ cups gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
1 tbs flaxseed meal
1½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
½ tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1 cup Suncore Foods® Mango Chips Supersnack
Pumpkin Spiced Buttercream:
¾ cup vegan butter, at room temperature
½ tsp cream of tartar
¾ tsp ground pumpkin spice mix
2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
¼ + ¾ tsp Suncore Foods® Vermillion Annatto Supercolor Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, dissolve corn starch into the milk and whisk until well combined and the mixture is frothy.
3. Mix in melted butter, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Stir in sugar.
4. Fold in flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder and salt until well combined.
5. Crush Mango Chips into small pieces and mix into the batter.
6. Scoop batter into cupcake liners, filling approximately 2/3 of each mold.
7. Bake on the middle rack for 22-25 minutes or until the cupcakes pass the toothpick test. Allow cupcakes to cool down completely before adding the buttercream.
8. Prepare the buttercream while the cupcakes are baking: Using an electric beater, beat the butter for 1-2 minutes. Add cream of tartar and beat for another few seconds.
9. Add pumpkin spice and powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until creamy and well combined. For a thicker buttercream, add more powdered sugar and for a thinner buttercream, reduce the amount of the powdered sugar or add some plant-milk to adjust the consistency.
10. Equally divide buttercream into 2 bowls. Mix in ¼ tsp of Vermillion Annatto Supercolor Powder into one bowl (light orange buttercream) and ¾ tsp into the second bowl (darker orange buttercream).
11. Refrigerate butter cream until the cupcakes have cooled down completely. Transfer each buttercream to a piping bag and decorate cupcakes to preference.