Chocolate Turmeric Protein Donuts
You'll love these gorgeous superfueled chocolatey treats a choco-lot!
Created by the talented mother-daughter duo Beth and Lexi. Check out their Instagram @crowded_kitchen for more beautiful recipes!
2 flax eggs (for each “egg” - 1 tbsp flax meal + 2 ½ tbsp water, let sit 20 mins)
½ cup dairy free milk of choice
¼ cup melted coconut oil
⅓ cup sugar
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 packet Suncore Foods® Chocolate Turmeric Superplant Protein
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
¾ cup oat flour
Chocolate glaze (optional):
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1-3 tbsp almond milk (added 1 tbsp at a time)
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat to 350ºF and grease two donut pans.
2. To make flax eggs, stir together flax meal and water and let sit for 20 minutes to thicken. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, melted coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce and flax eggs.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients.
4. Using a rubber spatula, incorporate dry ingredients into wet. Pipe into donut pan and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out dry. Let cool completely before glazing.
5. To make glaze, sift powdered sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl so there are no clumps. Then, add milk 1 tbsp at a time until it’s just thin enough to whisk into a paste. Dip donuts in glaze and let excess drip off onto cooling rack placed over a baking sheet.