Chocolate Mocha Protein Muffins
Muffins are 1 of our comfort foods and weekends are meant for baking away! These muffins are vegan, gluten free, perfectly moist on the inside and so yummy. Boosted with Suncore Foods® Chocolate Mocha Superplant Protein Powder, delicious, and perfectly baked vegan muffins anyone?
Created by the exquisite daughter-mother team, Lexi & Beth. Check out their Instagram @crowded_kitchen for more captivating recipes!
1 packet Suncore Foods® Chocolate Mocha Superplant Protein Powder
2 flax eggs (for each “egg” - 1 tbsp flax meal + 2 ½ tbsp water, let sit 20 mins)
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup agave
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup sugar
1 shot freshly brewed espresso (or very strong coffee)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
1/4 cup oat flour
½ cup chocolate chips + more for topping (or Suncore Foods® Cocao Nibs)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line muffin tin.
2. To make flax eggs, stir together flax meal and water and let sit for 20 minutes to thicken. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, melted coconut oil, sugar, agave, vanilla, applesauce, espresso and flax eggs.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients (except chocolate chips).
4. Using a rubber spatula, incorporate dry ingredients into wet. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Use a cookie scoop to easily transfer batter to muffin tins. Fill almost to the top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, then bake for 22-26 minutes, or until toothpick comes out dry.