Blueberry Protein Muffins
These Blueberry Protein Muffins are a great low calorie, gluten free, protein packed breakfast to help kick start your metabolism.
1 cup oatmeal flour (quick oats ground in food processor)
¼ cup almond flour
2 large eggs
½ cup yogurt
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 medium banana, peeled and mashed
1 pack Suncore Foods® Vanilla Acai Protein Powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon orange zest or lemon zest
1 cup fresh organic blueberries or frozen blueberries
¼ teaspoon Suncore Foods® Rose Salt
1 teaspoon Suncore Foods® Turmeric Powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place liners in one muffin pan and lightly spray with organic baking spray.
3. In a large bowl combine eggs, yogurt, applesauce, honey, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
4. In a second bowl combine oatmeal flour, almond meal, vanilla whey protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest.
5. Combine flour mix and egg mix together until smooth.
6. Distribute into 12 silicon muffin liners (or regular muffin liners that are greased).
7. Place about 8 blueberries on top spreading evenly over top of each filled muffin batter. DO NOT push blueberries down into batter.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.